Values and Ethos
We aim to provide a safe, caring, Catholic community where each member is valued and respected and enabled to achieve their potential through a broad and balanced curriculum. This is summed up neatly in our school motto, Learn and grow together in Christ.
Our school values are inspired by the words of Jesus:
"A new commandment I give you: Love one another! Just as I have loved you, you also must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another." (John 13:34-35)
At St. Mary's we value:
- Aiming high
These values help us to live the Jesus' commandment to Love One Another and help us achieve our Mission.
Working together with our parents, teachers, governors and parish we aim to:
- Deepen our relationship with God and live our faith;
- Develop the 'whole' child spiritually, morally, socially, emotionally and culturally;
- Develop each child's ability to form strong relationships with others based on Gospel values, e.g. love and respect;
- Provide an ambitious, broad and balanced curriculum, rooted in our Catholic faith;
- Enable each child to achieve the highest academic standards possible and enable them to explore their individual strengths and talents;
- Protect the dignity of each person and celebrate our uniqueness regardless of any differences we may have;
- Create a safe school for children to thrive;
- Protect our environment and look after our planet.